Monday, February 7, 2011

Our Weekend - Mason's 1st Communion

What a great weekend! Saturday was so much fun! I made a big breakfast: french toast and sausage links per the request of Jacob. Then I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies while Jake watched Nemo. Then after lunch, I made homemade chicken wild rice soup for supper.

While the soup was warming up, we headed outside to finally play in the snow. We haven't had the best timing with outdoor play this year. But we made up for it even though the snow wasn't prime for making a snowman. It felt great just getting outside. We took a stroll half way around the block pulling Jacob behind in his sled and Kinzie pulling me. Jacob was upset that we didn't keep going but we ran out of snow packed sidewalks.

During the night on Saturday, Jacob spiked a fever. This past week at daycare, two sisters were out with the flu. With fingers and toes crossed the rest of us prayed our kids wouldn't get it. So far so good. We've been really fortunate (knock on wood) that Jacob has never gotten the flu. His fevers always seem to spike during the night and breaking by morning. We are very fortunate to have a healthy boy!

With Jacob in limbo on Sunday morning yet, I decided it was best him and I stayed back while Kendall and Adrien left to celebrated Mason's 1st communion back in Spicer. Can you believe it! Mason having communion already. Wow, time flies. Seems like yesterday he was this little baby crawling around getting into everything. Kendall said it was cute watching Mason try so hard to not spill his wine and drop his bread. After the church service, they headed over to Trevor/Ashley's for brunch. They stayed for a bit then headed home so he could be home to watch the Superbowl game.

The rest of the night was spent watching the game and eating of course! I guess an extra couple of miles on the Elliptical is in the plans this week. I did 8 miles last week. Which I'm very proud of  :)

Have a great week!!

No comments: