I personally think V Day is overrated. I'd rather get flowers or a nice card on June 5th or Sept 22nd or any other random day. Reminding me that I'm loved no matter what day it is. With Kendall leaving in the early hours on V Day, we exchanged cards the night before. Our initial plans were to go out as a family for supper, but I was a bit tired still from the weekend. Opps! So we stayed in and ordered pizza instead :)
On V Day, I dropped Jake off at daycare with his bag filled with Valentine's cards for all his friends and I headed to work. Around 3:00pm, I heard someone enter our office. I looked and the guy was carrying a dozen long stemmed roses and heading towards my office. Aww .... my honey surprised me even being out of town for work. The flowers were beautiful. I'm so lucky! I called him right away and thanked him. He then told me one of his later meetings that day got cancelled so he would make it home that night. Yay!
We had my nephews on Saturday day/night while Kim/Doug were out enjoying a night with some friends. I love having them come stay with us. I love spoiling them! :) Staying up late and eating whatever their little tummy's want. We rented a few movies (A-Team, Hockey Mom, Nanny McPhee Returns), ate pizza, played a little Rock Band. Jake and I actually stayed in our PJ's all day yesterday. I love all day slumber party's.
Mother Nature granted us another winter storm last night. Kendall figured we got around 7 to 8 inches. Hard to tell with the 2 feet snow drifts. When I spoke to my parents back in Monte around supper time, dad figured he had shoveled 12 inches of snow so far.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment