Jacob's glasses came in this week. So we headed over there last night to pick them up. He was actually excited to try them on at first and for the most part, he kept them on the rest of the evening. We bribed him with ice cream if he would keep them on on our trip back home. It worked! At bedtime, he requested a book to read and I said "I would read as long as he wore his glasses." That too worked :)
![]() |
| Trying them on for good measure! |
![]() |
| Wow, I look good! |
![]() |
| @ home enjoying his reward! Ice Cream! |
The doctor said the most important time of the day is right away this morning. His eyes are relaxed. Between 30 minutes of getting up and heading out the door, I only had to remind him to put them back on a couple of times. I text daycare at lunch time and she said so far so good. He looks so darn cute!
![]() |
| This morning watching Dora before daycare! |
I've asked a few close friends (with young children with glasses) if they had any pointers on helping the transition move smoothly. One said, "you shouldn't have any issues as long as the prescription is correct." Another said, "give it time for them to adjust. Soon it will be normal to keep them on. Once they realize they can see better with them, they won't take them off!"
We go back for a recheck next month. I'm hoping we see changes in the short 6 weeks of wearing them. Our main goal is to correct the eye so he won't have to wear them forever.





No comments:
Post a Comment