Monday, February 28, 2011

Our Weekend - Travels

With Kendall gone this past week and through the weekend, I decided that Jacob, Kinzie and I would take a trip to papa and grandma's house. I don't mind Kendall being gone during the week but it makes for long days during the weekend.

I took a 1/2 day on Friday so we could get on the road before it started getting dark out. I pretty much had everything packed and ready so all I had to do was stop by the house and load everything up before picking Jake up at daycare. We were on the road by 12:30 and in Monte at 2:30pm.

It was my mom's weekend to work so she was up at 4:00am and gone until 2:30pm. But we still had a good time visiting. I met up with Kristi/family for lunch at Topper's on Saturday. It was fun seeing her boys and of course her and Aaron. Once mom got home from work, we had my aunt Janet and cousin Jodi stopping by for coffee. That evening, Jacob was sleeping by 8, mom went to bed early so dad and I stayed up watching hoarders. I can't believe how some people become attached to "things" that seem useless to you and me. One guy had over 2000 rats and lady had over 40 cats! Yuck! Poor neighbors :(

We packed up and headed for home yesterday before lunch. Kendall's flight came in around 2pm so I wanted to make sure we were home before. It's great having him home again. We all missed him so much. Adrien came to town yesterday too and spent the night with us. I made a new hotdish that an old co-worker of mine gave me. It was wonderful! Chicken and cheese tortellini.

Funny story .... Kinzie was sitting on the foot stool with her nose about 2 inches away from the wooden duck on the end table. Dad took his foot and nudged Kinzie's butt. She got so scared thinking this duck was coming after her, she jumped up off the stool 2 - 3 feet. Dad said it was the funniest thing. Those two went around and around this weekend. Too funny!

No comments: