Monday, May 14, 2012

Our Weekend - Mother's Day

What a wonderful weekend! I was off from work and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Which we took full advantage of.

On Saturday, Kendall started on the deck. He sanded the tops of all the railings, the steps and a few areas needing it. Then stained the whole works. While he was doing that, I was keeping Jake entertained, cutting up rhubarb and putting together a pan of rhubarb cheese cake. After the dessert was put in the oven, we headed outside to make a few stepping stones. Jake had fun decorating his with marbles and on one of them, I had him put his hand in it. Such a easy project that will be enjoyed for years to come. For supper, I tried something new ... Chicken Doritos hotdish. It was okay, I'd add some chips on the top after taking the pan out of the oven for a little extra crunch. But how can you go wrong when a recipe asks for Doritos!

Yesterday we met my parents in Willmar for brunch at the Oaks, aka golf course in Willmar. We also invited Ashley/Trevor/Keean/Mason and both the girls' mom Debbie and Trevor's mom joined us. We had a really nice time. I couldn't imagine not spending the day without my mom. The food was wonderful too. We headed for home soon after eating. Kendall had some more staining to finish up on and I wanted to enjoy the last few hours of sunlight. I resorted to jeans yesterday due to my shiney white legs! I actually got suckered in the mayham of the triology of, "Fifty Shades of Gray." Can't seem to put the books down. I'm 70% done with the second book that I just started on Saturday. Very good!

Hope all my mommy family/friends out there had a wonderful day. It's nice being pampered a little extra on Mother's day.

No comments: