Monday, May 21, 2012

Our Weekend - Kendall's Golfing Trip

Kendall had his annual golf trip to Iowa over the weekend. While he was out having a much deserved weekend with the guys, Jake and I stayed busy with fun activities around the house. We watched movies, played outside, made cookies, went shopping at Target, had his lens' swapped out in both pair of glasses, visited with my sister and the boys, and went out for pizza. I love having one on one time with my boy, but it sure is nice having Daddy home again. Due to the rainy weather yesterday, they decided not to golf on their way back to MN so Kendall was home shortly after lunch time. He tried laying down for a quick nap but his allergies wouldn't allow him too sleep so I got my chance. Slept for 2 hours. I can't remember the last afternoon nap I took. It felt great.

I'm on what I hope is the tail end of my thyroid journey and I can't wait for next weekend when I can begin taking my medication again. I'm so tired! Tomorrow I have my first of two doctor appointments at Abbott. Tomorrow I take my dose of radiation then go back on Wednesday morning for the body scan and later that afternoon, we sit down to go over the scan. Wish me luck!! If all goes well, I'll be back on my thyroid medication next Saturday and my next appointment will be with the Endocrinologist the following week.

No comments: