Monday, May 7, 2012

Our Weekend - At Home

We stayed close to home over the weekend. Kendall flew to Michigan for work on Monday and came home Thursday early evening and I worked on Saturday so staying home was great for us.

While I was away at work on Saturday, Kendall took Jake to get a haircut. It was much needed and he looks so cute with his hair cut short. Less fly aways! My first text from Kendall was a picture of Jake "cutting" Kendall's hair with the play dough scissors. Then to follow was a picture of the play dough containers stacked like a pyramid. I couldn't tell who was having more fun. Jake made a killing "$3" on Daddy's haircut. I was lucky to get the same treatment when I came home in the afternoon. The only difference, my hair is a tad bit longer than Kendall's so the pulling was a little painful.

After supper, we rented the movie "We Bought a Zoo." Very cute family movie. Yes, you can predict the outcome but worth watching and most of all lessons learned after watching it.

Yesterday was supposed to be a wash out, but it ended up being a really nice day. We were outside from 10:30 until supper time at 6. I cleaned up the area along the tree line and got the flower bed ready for some pretty flowers. Boy my body is feeling every shovel full today. Kendall made a trip to pick up plants/flowers to fill a few of our planters along with a couple new shrubs! After 10 years, we have shrubs not just rock. :) Moving on up! Everything looks so nice. I will post pictures later tonight.

Back to work for the week. I'm feeling a bit tired now. Not sure if its from yesterday working all day or me being off my thyroid medication. Thinking a little of both. I do have lab work on Friday so we will see where my levels are. Hope they are where they need to be so we can move forward with the treatment/scan.

Enjoy your week!

No comments: