We stayed close to home over the weekend. I wasn't 100% yet and really needed to keep a short distance from people. I was able to leave the comforts of the bedroom for short visits. That felt great and I gave my boy a quick hug here and there. I'd have to say that was the hardest part of this whole ordeal ..... not being there for Jake. He kept asking if I was taking my medicine still and I would respond, yes. On Saturday morning he responded back after I told him that I was still on medicine .... "Then I can give you a BIG hug!" Made my heart melt and of course the flood gates open. Such a sweet boy!
We missed out on a few graduation parties that we should have been at but I couldn't risk being around too many people for that amount of time. On Sunday however, Jake rode along with me to work. I had to enter payroll before noon on Monday and due to us being closed on Monday, I thought I would get it over and done with. Felt great spending time with him and I'm sure Kendall enjoyed a few minutes to himself. Once we got back, we washed my car by hand for something to do before the heat got too unbearable.
I received a text on Saturday morning from daycare saying one of the school age kids came down with head lice over the weekend. Great just what we needed. I had Kendall check Jake right away and so far so good. I did have him wash all the bedding and blankets that Jake came in contact with just to make sure. Fingers and toes crossed that it stays out of our house. Yuck! I have never been around or had to deal with lice before. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.
Yesterday Kendall surprised Jake and I with a brand new swimming pool! I still can't believe he's willing to give up some yard space. The pool is 12 feet wide and 36 inches deep. Perfect for us. I can't wait for it to be ready to jump in. Poor Jake wanted to go in last night and we said, "No way buddy! It's way too cold!" It took about 5 hours to fill and only 30 minutes to set it up. Can't wait for those hot day/nights when you get home from work and want to cool off. Jake already knows the #1 rule ... No Swimming without Mom or Dad!
This morning I had my second scan at Abbott. It took about 45 minutes again and then I was free to go. I asked the tech if they will notice much change from my last scan and he said probably not. But they will notice the radiation in my system. I'm sure when I meet with my dr next week in Maple Grove he will go over the scan in more detail with me. I'm feeling much better and my energy level is starting to pick up. Thanks to my thyroid medication. It feels good to be back to work too. Getting out of the house again. :)
I'd like to take this time to reflect on the men and women in our lives who have past on. May their memories live on forever in our hearts and minds. We miss each and every one of you. And to all the men and women past and present who have served and are serving in the US military .. THANK YOU! May God bless you and keep you safe.
Hope you all had a wonderful and safe holiday weekend.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment