Friday, February 10, 2012

Thyroid Update

Met with Dr. Kissner this morning and the visit went great. I'd have to admit that I was a bit nervous about him taking off my tape. More nervous than both  my surgeries. That tape is some sticky stuff and it's been adhered for the past 10 days. When it came time for him to take it off, I said "is it going to hurt?!" He smiled and assured me that it wasn't going to hurt. Two seconds later he took it right off and it didn't hurt one bit. All that nervousness for nothing! Such a baby and worry wart I am!

Kissner asked if I had any further questions and Kendall pipes in that I had a question about my singing voice. Here I mentioned to Kendall that when I've tried singing in my car hardly nothing comes out. I was scared that maybe I would never sing again. Well after telling Kissner about my worries, he said that it will take time to for everything to heal. Me being funny ... I asked, "wouldn't that be something when everything is all healed up you would make my singing voice just as good as Adele!" He shot that down right away after laughing a bit at me.

After my visit I made another appointment to see the Endocrinologists "gland" doctor at the end of the month. He will go over my results and see if I will need any further treatment.

Here is a picture I took of my incision after the tape was removed.

No comments: