Boy this year brought Valentine's to a whole new level with Jake. He really isn't much of a candy eater until he got treats from his friends at daycare. He couldn't wait to get home and check it all out. I of course let him eat them all (5 whole pieces of candy). The only thing that was left behind was 2 suckers (each licked a few times & set down) and a handful of candy hearts. He said on our way home from Sue’s, "I love Valentine's!"
On Valentine's Day he brought home a bag filled with cards/goodies from school. I spoke to both Jill (neighbor who drives Jake from school to daycare) and daycare mom Sue to see how Jake was after school. I was so darn anxious to hear how his first Valentine's Day went with his school friends. Here when Jill was walking with him to her car, his back pack started to slip off his shoulder and he said, "I have a lot of Valentine's in my bag!" Then when he got to Sue's house, he asked if he could have his candy for lunch! Of course the answer was no, but Sue mentioned he could share it for snack time with everyone. His response, "nope, I'm going to share with my mom!" She of course knew that would be the response she would get. :)
Once we got home from work/daycare the first thing we did was go through his backpack. One by one he would hold up a Valentine and I would say who it was from. I would say all of his friends at school including himself were showered with some really fun stuff (lots of suckers and pencils). Along with his Valentine's, Jake made a couple Valentine’s himself at school … one for Daddy and one for neighbor Jill. Before Daddy got home we walked over to Jill's house so Jake could hand deliver it himself. So cute!! I got a picture of Jake that was framed with misc puzzle pieces for my Valentine. As for eating any of the candy ... not this time around. Guess he got his fill from the day before. Out of sight out of mind!
When Daddy got home a short time later it was time for us to exchange our gifts. Jake got a new homemade blanket (Trevor's mom made it for us), books, movies, Skittles and kid music CD's to play in my car. Daddy got a couple nice cards and an authentic German beer stein mug. I got a couple funny cards along with a new charm for my bracelet. Our initial plans were to head out for supper but we decided to stay in and grill steaks. So glad we did they were amazing! Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!
Kendall was able to take Jake to see the eye doctor for his annual exam on Thursday afternoon. Of course he was a good patient. There was no change in Jake's prescription .... which is good. That means that his "lazy" eye is starting to work and the stronger eye is allowing it. While Dr. Gregory was testing Jake for color blindness. Each picture has hidden animals in them. If you can point them out then you can see the color(s) its testing for. When Jake got to the octopus picture Dr. Gregory asked what picture Jake saw and his response ... a squid! The Dr was so taken back by that she had to laugh and asked what 4 year old would come up with that kind of answer. Only our Jacob!
Now onto our weekend .....
We met with DeLisa and her family on Saturday in St Cloud at our normal meeting spot ... Red Lobster! It was great catching up with her and seeing the kids & Eric. I have never seen young kids eat sea food like Giselle and Gradyn (from calamari to oysters in the shell). My kid .. chicken with rice. I did well and kept my biscuit consumption to 2! Can't wait to meet up there again. Love it there!
Saturday night we vegged out on the couches and watched movies as a family! First movie we watched was Mr. Magorium's Wonder Eporium and the second one was Toy Story 3. Oldies but goodies. I loved that we could sit and watch them together without no interruptions or Jake deciding he had enough and runs off to play with something else.
The rest of the weekend ... I played catch up on the laundry, cleaning, and scrapbooking. I know Sunday is the day of rest but it happens to be the best day for getting things done for me. Oh and I made a roast with potatoes and carrots for supper. Nothing beats that meal besides maybe pizza. :)
Cute story .... While I was down doing laundry Jake came down and wanted to press the start button on the drier. Of course I let him as he was turning around to leave he noticed a Batman gift bag by our wrapping paper/bags. He brought it up stairs and we decided to pretend it was our birthdays. He sang me Happy Birthday then I would acted all surprised by the gifts he had found around the house. Then it was his turn for me to sing to him and he would be surprised by the things he got in the bag. I bet this went on for a good 45 minutes. I know I've said this more than once but that Jake has one hell of a imagination and I hope like heck it continues.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment