Kendall was gone out of town all week for work leaving Jake and I to fend for ourselves. We kept busy with work, daycare and school. Even with the small snow storm that passed through on Tuesday night, our neighbors took very good care of us. From pushing the garbage/recycle cans back up to the house to blowing off the snow in the driveway. We have great neighbors who pay attention when Kendall is gone and make sure that we feel safe and are well taken care of. A big thanks to Pat and Todd!!
Over the weekend, Kendall got asked to play in a memorial pool tournament in memory of our good friend Jim who passed away this fall with throat cancer. I thought I would surprise Kendall with getting a babysitter for a few hours so I could join in the fun. It was Jake's first real "non family" babysitter (besides neighbor Jill). I asked Madi to walk over around 12:30 (she lives directly next door to us). I made sure to tell her to have fun! Make Jake's first experience something positive! From what I gathered when I got home around supper time they had fun. Our goodbyes weren't what I hoped for but within minutes of me leaving Jake was just fine.
Sunday we made a short trip to Spicer to see Ashley/Trevor and Keean. This is horrible for me to even say but it had been 2 months since we last saw eachother. That is terrible!! Keean is doing better. Sitting up on his own, baring weight on his legs and arms. Ashley fed him some veggie/fruits yesterday and he gagged a little bit but everything stayed down. They're actually down at Children's this morning for an MRI to see if something in Keean's brain could be causing the "Failure to Thrive." We are praying like crazy that everything goes well. So hard seeing anyone get put under but a baby makes it even harder. Good Luck Keean!! We love you!!
After a short visit in Spicer we headed to Atwater for Giselle and Gradyn's birthday party. This year DeLisa changed it up a bit and had a "dessert" bar. I refrained myself to a couple yummy bars. All the kids had fun playing and watching Giselle and Gradyn open up their gifts. Jake helped Eric feed the fish in their huge fish tank. Jake thought that was pretty cool. Of course, I forgot my camera at home so I didn't get a picture.
We got home around 5:30 last night and got everything together for the week. Mother Nature will be reminding us that we still live in MN in the next couple of days ... Up to a foot or more of snow!! As long as it holds off until the afternoon tomorrow I'm all for it. I have my doctors appointment in Maple Grove in the morning to go over treatment ideas. Will keep you posted on what goes on with that. I was chatting with a girl from my home town the other night who also has had Thyroid cancer. I guess she's had the Iodine radiation treatment a few times and I guess depending on the dose, she said that I will need to quarantine myself for 3 to 5 days! Great I'd love to live in my bedroom without any interaction with my family. Yuck.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment