Monday, January 10, 2011

Our Weekend - Mommy's Birthday

My parents came to town for their "annual" trip! Okay, its not that bad but I like razing them about not coming our way very often. Hopefully that all changes when dad retires at the end of this year! We can't wait!

I turned the big 34 over the weekend! Its hard imagining myself being this age. I still think my parents are in their 40's! I guess that's a good thing to feel this way. The saying "you're only as old as you feel" does have true meaning. :)

Per my request, my dad made me a pot of bean and ham soup! It's one of my favorite meals that I love having him make. My all-time favorite is either his grilled cheese sandwich or tuna sandwich. Weird, I know! But he's a good sandwich maker :) I guess all the times he was home with us kids growing up while mom worked nights came in handy. Practice makes perfect! Right!?!

For my birthday: my sister and her family, my aunt LeAnn, uncle Ron and uncle Tom, joined us for the day. My mom decided to make Cornish game hens stuffed with dressing! It was yummy! So much for counting points this weekend. My 1st goal weight is fast approaching and its not looking good. But how can you turn down "mom's" cooking. It's not easy!

We spent the weekend hanging out at the house watching movies, making food, eating food, listening to my Dad play with the dog. It was a great birthday weekend. Sad to see everyone go.

I'm going to take this time and say thank you to my family, friends, coworkers for being who you are and for loving me unconditionally no matter what flaws I have. Our daily lives can be so hectic and time consuming. We tend to forget the importance of the true meaning of life! Its sad that a tragedy has to bring light to what really matters in ones life. No matter how hard life seems at this very moment, please remember someone ... loves you, misses you, needs you, looks up to you and would be lost without you!

RIP Adam Sasse (1/1/11) & Jonathon Erickson (10/18/06)

No comments: