I love the thought of both my parents being retired. They can make trips when ever they want now. We had them staying with us over the weekend. It was my uncle Ron's birthday and we presented him and my dad with a print. The print is a picture of the Patriot Guard and hidden in the picture, you can see Jesus and numerous other hidden items. It's beautiful and both the guys loved it.
Mom and Dad made it down around supper time on Friday. I made a dutch oven full of beef tips and gravy and served with mashed potatoes. It was yummy! We hung out and prepared food for the next day. Mom wanted to have a big breakfast so we put together a ham egg bake and I also had those witches hats made out of cookies to put together for the party at Scott/Kim's.
On Saturday morning, my sister and the boys made it over for breakfast and my brother came into town just in time for pumpkin carving. It's always a fun time carving pumpkins with uncle Jon. After the pumpkins were carved and the kitchen was cleaned up, we packed up and headed to my cousin Scott's house for Ron's birthday party. Along with Ron's family, we had my uncle Tom, aunt Carol and her son Kenny joining us too. The kids had a fun time and Jake was in Heaven with Scott's super hero movies. It's always so much fun catching up and I look forward to getting together again.
Yesterday, Mom/Dad and Jon hung out until noon then headed for home. After they left, I got in a cat nap. Can't remember the last time that happened. Hope you all had a great weekend!
We are looking forward to Halloween on Wednesday. I pulled out Jake's Hulk costume on Friday so my parents could see him with it on in person. Jake is so excited to go trick or treating.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment