From the moment his tall, red-and-white-striped hat appears around the door, Sally and her brother know that the Cat in the Hat is the most mischievous cat they have ever met. With the trickiest of tricks and craziest of ideas, he is certainly fun to play with—and he can turn a rainy afternoon into an amazing adventure. But, when the Cat releases Thing One and Thing Two from his box of tricks, havoc ensues, leaving the children to wonder whatever to do! Originally produced at the National Theatre of Great Britain, CTC presents the American premiere of this stylish production. All of your favorite moments from the classic book by Dr. Seuss come to life on stage.
At first Jake wasn't too sure what was going on. He had in his mind that we were going to see a "movie." But once the actors started and the crowd was laughing, he's face lite up and I don't think he ever took his eyes of them or removed that smile off his face. The only negative that I could come up with was the length of the show. 50 minutes wasn't long enough when I spent $50/ticket. I was hoping they would have had intermission after the Cat in the Hat, then did another Dr. Seuss story. Oh well, all of us enjoyed what we did see.
After the show, we stopped by the theatre's store and bought Jake a hat and Cat in the Hat. He was so darn cute wearing that hat around. He even wore it to the grocery store when we got back to Plymouth.
Adrien and Brock were having a house warming party so we hung out until 7 then headed for home. Their house is coming along really nice. Walls are painted and pictures hung. They picked out wood flooring too. We are really proud of them. They have done a really good job so far.
Yesterday morning, we skipped out going to church. I justified that Jesus would love that we stayed home so I could mix up a batch of sugar cookies. Then when we got back from the pumpkin patch, Jake and I could cut and decorate Halloween cookies. This week, I also plan on putting together little witches hats made out of stripped cookies with orange frosting and Hersey kisses. Love Pinterest!
We met my sister and her two boys at Deer Lake Orchard after lunch. I love that we can carry on the tradition. Even with her boys getting at the age where maybe they don't feel like going, they still come with a smile on their face. Jake rode his first full size horse. He blew us away by how much he enjoyed it and how little he was afraid. The orchard's little barn was full of goats that we could feed, a cow and chickens running loose. Inside the food barn, Kim and Jake tested out the apple crisp, and Michael ate diced apples topped with caramel. All of us found our pumpkins and look forward to getting together next weekend to carve them. It was a great day and so glad we could share it together.
Once we got home from Buffalo, we layed pretty low. I did finish the sugar cookies and I realized how much work they are to decorate. Jake backed out and thought playing PBS Kids on the computer was a better idea.
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. This week is back to work, school and daycare. I have some deep cleaning to do in between quite times. We have a house full coming next weekend. Did I mention how much I love having my mom retired. We have my parents and my brother coming to stay over the weekend. We are celebrating my uncle Ron's birthday and my dad's. Have a great week!
Once we got home from Buffalo, we layed pretty low. I did finish the sugar cookies and I realized how much work they are to decorate. Jake backed out and thought playing PBS Kids on the computer was a better idea.
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. This week is back to work, school and daycare. I have some deep cleaning to do in between quite times. We have a house full coming next weekend. Did I mention how much I love having my mom retired. We have my parents and my brother coming to stay over the weekend. We are celebrating my uncle Ron's birthday and my dad's. Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment