Monday, June 4, 2012

Our Weekend - Birthday Party

We celebrated Keean's 1st birthday over the weekend. Still hard to believe he's 1 already. The party theme .. "Monkey's." They had a great turn out and the weather was beautiful. The kids ran and ran all day long. For dessert, they took bananas and sliced them down the center adding chocolate chips. They wrapped each one in tin foil then put them on the grill for 10 minutes long enough to melt the chocolate. Kendall said it was really good. After everyone left, we fired up the grill and before we knew it, it was 8:30 and we needed to head for home. Thanks for the great party Keean! We love you :)

Yesterday, Kendall made a quick trip to Menards. He bought my arbor that I've been asking for to put over in the corner by the golf course. We needed something to put by the bench and to close off that corner a bit. I think it looks great. Kendall also bought a couple climbing plants that will flower yellow flowers. I think I will also buy a small hanging plant to hang from the center of the arbor.

Once the arbor was put together and situated, we got ourselves cleaned up and headed over to a neighbor's graduation party. Doesn't seem possible we have kids in the neighborhood that are graduating already from high school. Time goes by so quickly.

With the sun trying to shine through the clouds, we thought we would test out the pool for the first time after Sam's graduation party. Wow, the water was too cold for this girl. Jake however went in a few times but not for long periods of time. Hopefully with the warmer temps this week along with the solar cover, the water will warm up. We also are waiting on the solar heater to be delivered sometime this week.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Looks like this week will be nice and warm.

Thyroid Update: I'm meeting with my doctor tomorrow morning in Maple Grove. I will update if I learn anything new.

No comments: