Monday, June 11, 2012

Our Weekend - Fun in the Sun

It was my Saturday to work and boy was it hard to stick around more than the 4 hours I needed to stay. The weather was prime for pool time. Once I got home and we ate some lunch, we put our suits on and headed outside. The pool felt amazing! The water temp was reading 80 degrees. Between the solar cover and the solar heater, the water felt perfect. We spent 3 hours after lunch then another 1 hour or so after supper time. I think we are going to like having a pool at the house.

Yesterday was another hot day .... Jake felt like staying indoors and Kendall worked on the lawn while I started decorating the water feature and before we knew it, it was time to get ready for neighbor John's graduation party. The really cool thing about his grad party ... John's dad is in a rock band (Outside Recess) and they were all set up to play some good rock/roll music. Jake of course was shy with the large crowd so he stayed hiding on the side of the house dancing to the music. I asked him if he was in a band what would he like to play .. guitar or drums? His response, "Guitar! And I better go home and get mine." So he ran home and came back with his guitar. They guys were so nice and asked Jake to join them. Without any hesitation, he joined right in. Our shy boy turned into a boy with no fear! It was so much fun watching him. He was in his element. He ran back home a few times to change guitars and at last talked Daddy into bringing over the "Rock Band' drum set. I think he found is calling.

After the graduation was over, we headed home for some supper and to tidey up the outside for the wild weather heading our way. Boy did the rain come down. I think we got around inch or two.

Well, I hope you all had a great weekend and you found time to get out and enjoy it. Looks like a quite week head and I'm looking forward to next weekend spending time with my parents back in Monte for Father's Day.

No comments: