I received my packet from the Endocrinologist office with my schedule information. Starting on April 30th I will stop taking my Cytomel medication. I will be off this until May 26th. They have requested that I have some lab work done 10 to 14 days prior to my scan. The labs will check my thyroid levels. My THS results need to be > than 30. Remember the standard range should be a 0.38 - 4.31. I'm guess with results higher than a 30 it will mean I'll be one tired cookie. My lab results before all this started back in November were a 10.09 and my tiredness was crazy then!
On May 18th, I will need to call the office to go over my lab results reminding them that I'm in preparation for an upcoming scan.
On May 22nd, we will make a trip to Abbott for my first dose of the iodine radiation. The following day (23rd), we will go back to Abbott for a full body scan called a I-131 scan. The scan will detect any thyroid cells and show if any of those cells contain cancer. No other types of cancer can be detected with this scan. Later that afternoon, we will meet and go over the findings. Not sure what will happen if more "findings" are found. I guess we will wait and see.
Hope this all makes sense to you all. I'm trying to grasp it all and understand as much as I can. I've searched a little but try limiting to what I search so I don't read things that won't make the situation better. 9 times out of 10 the internet isn't a great place to go looking. I've stayed in contact with a classmate of mine who has and is going through the same thing. I think she's gone through 3 treatments so far.
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment