We invited my nephew Brady over for the day and night on Saturday. Giving him a night away from home and it's something we need to do more often. He's a good kid and we have fun having him with us. We took the boys to the community center after lunch where we also met Adrien and the little girl she mentors, Sage. Spent most of the afternoon splashing away. Of course, Brady spent most of his time going down the water slide and Jake was busy collecting all the water balls floating around. Still couldn't talk Jake into going down the slide. So weird how he use to go down it no problem and now the sense of fear has taken over. One day it will happen again.
After spending time at the pool, we headed for home. The boys played around the house and I made up sloppy joes and mac/cheese (Brady's request). I couldn't remember the last time we had mac/cheese. With the time change happening that night it was a bit harder getting the boys to lay down. Jake was overly tired from our busy day so it didn't take long for him to fall asleep once I did get him to lay down. Brady slept in Jake's bedroom so I let him watch some TV before shutting down. I asked him what he'd like to watch and he said, "is NCIS on?!" I'm like, "you are not watching that before bed. How about a cartoon!" Goofy kid!
Yesterday for lunch and some afternoon fun we met Ashley/Trevor in Monticello. They were meeting the kid's mom later in the afternoon after their weekend stay (the cities is half way mark).We met at the bowling alley where we enjoyed some yummy food and a game of bowling. This always makes for a few laughs. My sister and other nephew Michael joined us too. After the bowling, Trevor stayed back with the bigger kids so Ashley/Keean rode back to our house with Kendall, Jake, Adrien and I. It was a little tight in my car for those 10 miles. Adrien sat on Kendall's lap the whole way home. Poor Kendall said, "I sure know how people feel when loose feeling in one's legs!" We were packed like sardines. It was great seeing the kids again. Keean is so darn cute. He played so well and sure watches Jake like a hawk. They kept busy for a good 30 minutes while Jake gave Keean matchbox car after matchbox car for Keean to put in his mouth. :)
After Trevor came back from dropping the kids off, he picked Ashley/Keean up and headed for home. Our good friends from Atwater Dale and Tami stopped by on their way home from a car show in the cities. It was great catching up with them again. Wish it happened more often. I guess summer is just right around the corner ..... lets hope we get more than one pontoon ride on Green Lake with them. Jake was so darn excited last year when Dale offered Jake to take over as captain for awhile.
Hope you all got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend. Looks like the next couple of weeks will be a beauty. I think spring has sprung!
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment