Wow, what a great Halloween! The moment Jake put on his pirate costume, the first words to come out of his mouth were, "yo ho matey!" He was on cloud nine. We headed out around 5:30 taking the golf cart to Sue/Kurt's house then on our way back home, we stopped by Rose's, a long time family friend from Monte who lives in town.
Once we got home, we headed across the street to neighbor Todd's house then Kendall headed back home to start handing out popcorn while Jake and I made the loop around the cul-da-sac. We didn't make it to 4 houses and Jake says to me, "mom, my feet hurt you should carry me!" I'm like, "heck no, we're almost home." I did however carry his bag and sword from house to house.
After making it all 7 houses, we decided to hand out popcorn with daddy instead. Jake had way more fun seeing all the different costumes and putting the popcorn in each of the bags. We figured we had around 200 kids come to our door!
By 7:30, the treater's were starting to slow down so Jake and I headed for indoors. We got in our pj's and read a couple books before lights out around 8:15. It didn't take long for Jake to fall asleep. He was fast asleep within 20 minutes.
Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween like we did!!
Now onto our weekend ....
With the cooler temps I felt like baking and cooking! I made homemade beef soup for Saturday's supper and I baked a chicken breast hot dish with Stove Top stuffing last night. Between meals, I made one batch of brown bread, a batch of Buffalo Chicken dip for snacking both days and a batch of cookies.
Both days Jake and I never got out of our PJ's. I just love days like that. We vegged out watching movies, played games, watched Jake bounce on his Hoppity Hop that he got from his birthday and I got all caught up on Jake's scrapbook. Yay! Kendall enjoyed some football and actually watched a couple movies yesterday without much interruption. I know winter is just around the corner, but I love days where all you feel like doing is cuddling up on the couch.
Have a great week everyone!
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment