With Kendall on the road again this past week we decided to stay close to home. Most of my extended family went back in Monte to celebrate the birth of our newest addition to the family, Jaden. I decided to hold off on seeing him until Thanksgiving. Total bummer! The baby shower went beautifully without me there and Jamie LOVED our personalized baby gifts from my mom, sister and I.
We kept busy around the house once again. Finally some nicer weather so Kendall felt safe climbing up and down the extension ladder hanging Christmas lights. Of course, we can't keep it simple. The lights are strung from peak to peak. Looks really awesome though. Kendall did a great job once again. Even though he said, "I'm getting to old to be climbing up and down the ladder!" Well, if he won't do it, I guess we'll have to hire out. {haha}
I stayed busy again making another batch of brown bread. It seems like certain people can smell the aroma from miles away and think I should give up a loaf or two. Normally I'm selfish I'd have to admit, but it's a lot of work and time consuming. With it being Thanksgiving just around the corner, I decided to be thankful for having the opportunity to give. {You have no idea how hard it was for me to say and write that!} So I decided to bring a couple loaves of bread to Thanksgiving at Ashley/Trevor's so everyone can enjoy what I seem to hoard.
Jake stayed busying running around with his Batman costume on. The boy would sleep with that mask on if we allowed it. I can't wait for him to open up his Superman and Flash costumes I bought for Christmas. I LOVE the imagination that kid has. He's always telling stories. The other night during bath time, he was singing, "It's raining on my head!" He loves music. It's been like that since he was born. Seems like it was the only thing that could settle him down some times. His two top songs choices now are, "Pumped up Kicks" and ""Oh, oh, oh its magic, you know ... never believe its not so, It's magic!" Such a range in music genre.
Yesterday we were going to take Jake to the bowling alley, but decided to wait until next weekend. In place of it, we made up a pan of rolled out ginger bread men cookies. The dough was store bought but had great flavor and rolled out nicely. I googled for a quick glaze recipe and it went horribly. Our "red" glaze turned pink. Guess next time, I'm buying the frosting too. :)
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It's back to work/school/daycare this week. Today we have our 1st ever parent/teacher conference for Jake. I can't wait! I will report how he's doing later.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment