Monday, November 21, 2011

Our Weekend - Baby it's Cold Outside

First I'd like to say, "Happy Birthday" to my mom, Adrien and my best friend, DeLisa. All three celebrated their birthdays this past week. Hope you all had a wonderful birthday. We love you!!

On Friday, we invited Adrien over for supper. Her menu of choice ... grilled steak with Kendall's famous fried mushrooms and for my surprise to her, a homemade chocolate cake! After our stomachs were filled, we vegged out and Jake and I were sleeping by 8:30pm. Hard to stay up after filling up with that great of food.

Saturday after sleeping in until 7:30, we spent the day indoors. Mother Nature gave us our first snow fall totalling 4 to 5 inches. We thought about going outside but it never happened. It felt great staying in our PJ's and having fun inside. {baking cookies, movies, Hide-n-Go-Seek, Playing make believe}I completely forgot how much fun it was to play hide n go seek. Jake likes to be the finder so I had to come up with some clever hiding spots. A few times, I couldn't hold back from laughing. So much fun!!

Yesterday afternoon we made plans with Adrien to go bowling in Monticello. What a BLAST! Jake had a gift card from his birthday to use up. We bowled for an hour then headed to the restaurant area for something to eat. Jake and Kendall shared a pizza and Adrien and I shared a chicken sandwich with onion rings. It all was delicious! Oh, I forgot to mention ... Jake kicked all of our butts!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend like we did. Safe travels for the ones who are traveling this Thanksgiving week/weekend. We have a lot to be thankful for {family, friends, jobs, warm home, happiness and our spread of delicious food}! Love you all!

No comments: