We had Jake's winter conferences this past week with his teacher. He's moving right along and received great reviews. Still enjoys playing off on his own more than joining a group of kids, but he is nice to everyone and the kids are nice to him so that's all that matters. He's on the the right path for Kindergarten next year. Can't believe my baby is growing up and starting big kid school. His new thing is, "Mom, how do you spell this?". It's like that with everything! Hope that's a good indication that he will be a good speller.
Our trip to see my parents over the weekend got postponed until next weekend. Mother Nature blessed us with a good old MN winter storm. I think we measured 7 to 8 inches. Made for lots of fun yesterday. We were outside for two hours playing in the snow while Kendall was busy blowing our driveway out amongst a few other's. Jake kept asking for a snow hill. He's used to the big snow bank at daycare where Kurt uses a plow instead of a blower. I took Jake in the back yard to the golf course but it wasn't "steep" enough. He soon forgot about not having a "hill" to go down. I was so glad we got out and enjoyed some time outside. Kinzie even joined in the fun. I actually made her go inside. She had chunks of snow hanging on each of her legs.
Over the weekend, we tried a couple new recipes. Saturday night, I made up a dish of lasagna roll ups. It was really good and I think I'm safe to say, it would be something we would make again. Last night, I made Jake homemade chicken fried rice. He was in HEAVEN! For Kendall and I, I made a stir fry with flank steak and green onions. I know for a fact we will be having this again. It was so good. The only change would be to cut the pieces of meat into thin bite size pieces rather than in a long thin strip. And maybe I would add broccoli like the recipe asked for. Kendall can pick them out.
Hope you all had safe weekend.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment