Thursday, January 3, 2013

Our Weekend - Christmas w/ the Girls & NYE

We had a wonderful Christmas with the girls last Saturday. We (Ashley and I) came up with the idea of Adrien and Brock hosting Christmas this year in their new home. Of course, both of them were more than willing and they did a great job hosting I may add.

We spent the afternoon preparing a spread of food ranging from ham, beer can chicken, tator tot hotdish to cheesy potatoes. Needless to say, no one went home hungry.

Before supper was ready, we handed out gifts and one by one ranging from youngest to oldest we opened the gifts up. The kids loved their gift cards and the few that got their Viking's hats. Kendall was spoiled with clothes and a couple golf games. Jake got Spiderman toys and Teenage Mutian Ninga Turtle toys. I received a couple scarves, a sweater, and gift cards to a couple clothing stores. I'd say all of us were spoiled once again. We did come up with the best gift ever for next year ... a trip to FLORIDA! Instead of giving gifts, we decided the money we spend would be well spent going some where warm as a family. Even the younger kids were all for it. I can't wait!

After gift opening and eating supper, I had one last gift to give the kids. I had wrapped about 6 boxes inside of each other and the last box held $50 bill. The key was to try opening the gift wearing a pair of bulking winter gloves you lost your turn when the person next to you rolled double dice. It was hilarious. Trevor came out the big winner with Ashley doing most of the opening but loosing to Adrien rolling doubles.

All of us headed for home around 8pm that night with our bellies full and grateful that we have such an amazing family. Truly I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

NYE - We spent our night at home watching the New York party on TV. Kendall made the both of us some frozen potstickers and grilled fresh jumbo shrimp on the grill. It was really good until an hour or so later, I wasn't feeling so hot. Yep, you guessed it ... I came down with the flu. I don't think I will be eating shrimp anytime soon. I spent the next 2 days in bed and I'm still not 100% but am glad I'm back to work. I sprayed and bleached the whole house down yesterday afternoon in hopes that no one else gets sick.So far so good! Crossing fingers, toes and whatever else I can cross or knock on.

No comments: