We celebrated Christmas this past weekend at my parents in Montevideo. I had taken a half day off from work on Friday so we could make to their house by supper time. Mom was making beef & pork roast with mashed potatoes and gravy. My all time favorite meal! It sure felt great eating a big warm meal again after having the stomach flu last weekend.
Our plans on Saturday were to meet down at Debbie's aka Grandma's house for the day. We were in charge of the mashed potatoes and dressing. Mom made 20#'s of potatoes and I made a double batch of dressing. This was our second year with getting back together as a whole family again. (It was getting to be too much for my Aunt Janet so we had to stop). I think Debbie counted 33 people this year. Between eating, playing cards and games, laughing, drinking, and watching the Viking's get their butt kicked, I would say fun was had by all minus the bad football loss.
Our immediate family darted out in the late afternoon and headed back to my parents to open gifts. Once again, each one of us were spoiled. Mom LOVED her gift from all of us ~ Grandpa Cecil's old home movies that we had converted over to DVD and cassette tapes of Grandpa singing to CD. There was a lot of video I had never seen before. It was so much fun seeing everyone again especially my grandparents. Wish there was sound but seeing them was a miracle in itself. It sure reminds us to take out the video camera more!
After gift opening and watching a couple of the home DVD's, us kids headed back down to Debbie's to watch the football game and go round 2 on the food. I couldn't believe it by the end of the night, there was maybe 3 to 4 pounds of mashed potatoes left! We left shortly after the game. I had what I thought was horrible heart burn.
Sunday I woke up feeling not the best. Once we got home, I went straight to bed and stayed there until Tuesday. Chest felt like I was having a heart attack, body aches and fever. Yep, I got the respitory flu! I think my birthday is cursed. I never get sick, but the past two years, I have gotten or was sick over my birthday. Just glad I can say that I'm back to work today and the only sypmtoms I have now is, I'm congested and I cough once in awhile. By the sounds of it, I'm not the only one who got sick from our get together this weekend. Lets hope and pray I'm done at least for this year with any kind of sickness. Good weight loss program but not a very fun way with loosing weight.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment