Our Christmas weekend was amazing. It started out with us driving around our neighborhood and to a few close friends on Thursday night. We went door to door handing out Christmas cheer. Each package included 2 holiday mugs filled with hot chocolate and all the fixings. I stayed in the car where it was nice and warm while Kendall and Jake ventured out in the cold. Jake was on cloud 9. It was all about his turn. And he was so darn excited to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. After all was said and done, we made it to 11 homes. Everyone was so surprised and appreciative. What a great way to kick off our weekend.
We celebrated Christmas at home with just the 3 of us the whole holiday weekend.
We kept busy with ...
- Baking cookies - I made a batch of my favorite .. Molasses. My childhood neighbor June's recipe!
- Making food for an Army - Homemade pizza, buffalo chicken dip, roast & mashed potatoes/gravy, ham & cheesy potatoes, egg bake and chili.
- Watching Christmas shows & movies - Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, Ice Age 4, Arthur Christmas.
- Viking's game - What a great game to watch. Super excited for Sunday's game against the Packers!
- Santa - Neighbor Pat played Santa this year using Kendall's Santa suit. He did a great job and Jake was so excited that Santa found our house. We have it all caught on video. Priceless!
- Opening presents - We opened gifts on Christmas Eve day. Jake opened each gift like it was his last. It was fun watching him take it all in. Kendall loved his Dr. Dre head phones along with his new shirt and sweater from Eddie Bauer and a gift card towards his North Face jacket he's been eyeing. I was spoiled with a new I-phone 5 and a few more charms to add to my bracelet. We are so BLESSED!
- Going to Christmas Eve church service - It started at 10pm. Jake was going strong up until we were getting our jackets on. I said no backing out now that I was all ready. He slept in my arms the entire church service. Christmas Eve is by far my favorite church service. So meaningful and I love how the room lights up after all our candles are lit and we start to sing Silent Night. Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment