I had my annual girls weekend on Saturday in Maple Grove with my high school girlfriends. A few of the girls living in Monte came and stayed at Krista's in Otsego on Friday night due to the uncertainty of Mother Nature ~ Snow!! The girls from Monte headed out Saturday morning to get some Christmas shopping done. We all met up in the afternoon at Malone's for a late lunch in Maple Grove. After our late lunch, we headed to a few stores before making it too the hotel. Once at the hotel and were checked in, we hung out in one of the rooms catching up. Before we knew it, it was time to get ourselves all dolled up for our supper reservations at Benihana's at 9 pm. None of the girls had been there before so I was a bit nervous how they would react. They all loved it! The food of course was wonderful and the cook was very entertaining. I went with the shrimp again, but next time, I'm going for the steak. I tried a piece of Ellie's steak and it melted in my mouth. In the our younger years, we would have went bar hopping after leaving the resturant, but instead, we headed back to the hotel and got in our pj's. Most of the girls were in bed by midnight and Krista and I stayed up until 2. It was fun catching up with her now that she's living back in MN.
We woke up to at least a half a foot of snow yesterday morning. The Monte girls thought about swinging by the MOA on their way home but soon realized that heading home would be in their best interest. I think it took them over 5 hours to make the 2 in a half hour drive home. Thank you God for getting them home safe and sound! My drive home was slow. I didn't go over 50 mph. I was never so happy to pull into our garage. Kendall went out 3 times throughout the day/night. We figured 12-15 inches of snow fell. Sure was pretty once I got home. :)
Jake and I tried putting together one of those Gingerbread house kits from Target. What a joke. Eventually, everything stayed standing and Jake was able to decorated the outside with the candies. Not sure I'll try that again.
Hope you all had a great weekend. We have a quite week planned with work and school this week.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment