We celebrated Thanksgiving with the girls and their families on Thanksgiving Day in Spicer at Ashley/Trevor's house. We had lots of good food, great company and was super excited to find out the sex of the baby. After everyone was done eating, all of us stepped outside to watch Ashley and Trevor open the box of balloons. Inside, there was a balloon for each of their kids along and the new baby. The first 4 blue balloons came out then a pink and last but not least, the last remaining balloon came floating out and it's a BOY! We are so super excited for all of them and can't wait to meet baby Hanson in April.
On Friday morning, we headed to Montevideo for the weekend to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family. I was so looking forward to our Thanksgiving meal. I'm sure everyone thinks their mom's cooking is the best, but my mom is amazing! She out did her self once again by making the turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. I was in charge of the veggies, my sister-in-law Kim was in charge of the dressing and my sister made a couple desserts. Yummy! I was really proud of myself for only making one trip through the line. I so wanted to go back, but knew that I would kick myself later.
On Saturday afternoon, my sister and I took a little trip downtown Monte to check out a clothing boutique that I've been wanting to see for a long time. If only money could grow on trees, I think I could have went a little crazy in there. I did however, find a really cute sweater/poncho. I told my mom that a gift card for there would be a great Christmas present.
When we got home from shopping, my dad was getting antsy for his daily trip to the VFW. Both my sister and I said it was time that us girls got to go along. Our husband's and brother seem to be the only ones ever invited. My mom was nice enough to stay back with Jake and Doug had taken Michael and Brady swimming at the hotel so Kim and I finally join in the fun. :) Once we got to the VF, we called my aunt Debbie to join us too. Both Dad and Kendall jumped in with both feet into the pull tabs. Needless to say, they both came out a head before our happy hour was up. We had a few laughs and I'm glad we put our foot down and said we were going along. Dad made enough to pay for pizza from Jake's! haha .. What a treat.
Yesterday after mom's big breakfast, we got ready and packed up the car for home. We had plans to stop by Ashley's for a bit. Kendall's neice, Allison from Missouri was up for Thanksgiving and we hadn't seen her or her kids so we decided that we would meet at Ashley's for a few hours. It was great seeing them again.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are thankful for all of God's blessings. {Family, Health, A Warm Home, Food, and most of all Laughter}
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment