Monday, November 5, 2012

Our Weekend - Happy Halloween

Hope you all had a great Halloween! Halloween comes in a close first with Christmas at our house. We LOVE decorating both the inside and outside of the house. Getting dressed up and being able to have a theme between the three of us has been awesome. This year, we decided on Super Heroes since Jake is obsessed with them. Jake was the Hulk, Kendall was Batman, I was Super Woman and Kinzie was Super Dogie. I think the hundreds of kids that come to our door every year get a kick out of us too.

When I picked Jake up from daycare on Wednesday, he was over emotional so I knew something was up. He hadn't had much sleep the night before so I assumed that was the case. Well when we got home, I found out quickly that it wasn't only a lack of sleep, but Jake was sick. He was burning up and all he wanted to do was lay in my lap. Poor kid. Who gets sick on Halloween? We laid low for a hour before I talked him into getting his costume on for our annual golf cart ride to treat at Sue's house. He was a good sport. Once we got back home, we made it to a few neighbors before he asked that we go home. I got him inside and into his pj's. He spent the rest of the night snuggled up on the couch watching "Ironman" until he fell asleep at 8pm. Which if you know Jake, that is early for him so he must have been not feeling well. Kendall and I hung out on the steps taking turns handing out candy. We saw some really neat costumes this year. We got complemented on our decorating too which is always nice to hear.

Since Jake was sick with a fever, I stayed home with him the next day. His fever came and went all day. He luckily stayed sleeping for the most part during the night. I few times he wrestled around trying to get comfortable. But he was up and ready for Sue's house on Friday and has been feeling better since.

This weekend we stayed close to home with nothing scheduled besides church. Saturday we spent the whole day in our pj's. I made a batch of brown bread that sadly didn't rise to my liking due to expired yeast from the grocery store (grrrr). I also tried for the first time making a roast on the stove top. It turned out wonderful and our French dips were amazing. I will definitely be trying that again verses the oven or crock pot.

Hope you all had a fun weekend and Halloween. This week is filled with work, daycare, parent/teacher conferences for Jake, work trip to Florida (lucky Kendall!) and a day at home on Friday due to no daycare.

No comments: