On Friday, we had "Mommy and Jake" day. Sue was closed for the day and Kendall was away in Florida for work, so I took the day off. I love days where I have one on one time with Jacob. We started the day off with his breakfast of choice ... french toast. Then we got ourselves ready and headed to Fantastic Sams for a much need haircut for Jake and eyebrow waxing for me. After we finished there, we headed to see the movie "Wreck-it-Ralph." What a great movie. Besides getting up once to use the restroom, our butts stayed put and eyes glued to the screen. We enjoyed some lunch at Culver's then went shopping at Target. I think it was mid-afternoon by the time we got back home. So much fun!
Due to flight delays, Kendall didn't get home until 11pm on Friday night. I didn't hear him open or close the garage door. It was great having him home again. We stayed close to home on Saturday. I made a batch of brown bread with not expired yeast. Boy, the loaves looked great.
Yesterday, Kendall and I were invited to the Viking's game. Kendall's good friend, Bob and his company have a suite. The game was AMAZING! I love when the crowd gets so involved. With it being Veteran's Day, a lot of the time was thanking all the men and women past/present for their service. Pretty emotional with the great show of appreciation from the crowd. While Kendall and I were away at the game, Jake spent the day over at neighbor Jill's. He had so much fun. I text her to see how things were going. She text back, "We're eating and you're right, he keeps asking for more fried rice!" I love when he enjoys getting out of his comfort zone of home. :)
Hope you all had a great weekend. Hard to believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment