Monday, July 16, 2012

Our Weekend - Party at Ashley/Trevor's

We headed back to Spicer again for the weekend. Knowing that we were coming back to stay last weekend, we left our camper at Ashley's house.

Friday night, Ashley/Trevor invited family and some of their close friends over for a bonfire. Not sure what got into me, but I was able to hang with a few others until 5 in the morning! It was fun at the time, but I sure paid for it on Saturday. Everyone had a great time .... we grilled out, I made a couple pans of taco dip and a crock pot full of BBQ little wieners and someone brought a pan of veggie pizza and with Kendall's karaoke set up, we were bound to have a few laughs. Thanks Ashley and Trevor for hosting yet another great party!!

After a few hours of sleep {four to be exact}, I was awoken by Jake saying "Trevor is hungry!" So I got up and got breakfast going. Thank goodness, I had put together a couple pans of "breakfast enchiladas" Friday night so all we would have to do is put them in the oven the next morning.

We met up with Dale Tagtow around noon on Saturday to do a little pontooning on Green Lake. Jake was having a blast floating around on the tube. We even tried pulling him on the tub, but with a 150 foot rope, he got scared thinking we were leaving him behind. {Next time Mommy will be in prime shape to ride along with him and hopefully this time next year, we will have a pontoon of our own!} Dale was a trooper and gave Jake his captains hat and full control of driving the boat. After a few hours on the lake, we head back to Ashley's. We hung out and the guys grilled steaks for supper. I think all of us were in our beds by 10.

Sunday morning we woke up, got ready and headed to church. After church, we went out for brunch at Little Crow golf course. Then Kendall took Mason out golfing for a couple of hours before we headed for home. It was great getting home.

The week looks quite and HOT. I have Jake counting down the days until we take him to the MN Zoo next weekend. 5 days at Sue's house, then we go to the zoo. He is so excited! We haven't taken Jake to a zoo since he was 1. I think we are well overdue. Hopefully we get to the Sherburne County fair too some time this week or weekend.

No comments: