We made a trip to Little Falls over the weekend to spend time with Adrien/Brock at Bob/Jean's (Brock's parents) house. All of us had a really good time. The boys walked out to the fish house to see if they could catch anything. It was the first time for Jake walking out onto the ice. Not going to lie, I was scared to death. I guess he had a blast out there. Bob filled him up with M&M's and crackers.
While the guys were outside, us girls sat in the kitchen enjoying some wine. Jean had BBQ ribs, baked potatoes and green bean bake in the oven for supper. It smelled delicious!! Soon enough the guys came back inside and we set the table to eat. The food was so good. The meat fell right off the bone. Yummy!
After supper, we sat around drinking some more wine! Which I had to choke down due to my stomach being so full from supper. Around 10, we decided we better get on the road for home. I rounded Jake up and he looked at me with big tears in his eyes and said, "aren't we going swimming?" I guess we did mention that we "may" go swimming in the hot tub. So off the jacket went. Adrien/Brock joined Jake in the hot tub outside on the deck. Jake was a little unsure about it at first, but once he realized he was safe he had a blast! So instead of getting on the road at 10pm it was around 10:30 instead. Within 10 minutes on the road, Jake was out and slept the whole way home and through the night.
Yesterday we stayed in our PJ's all day. I caught up on the laundry once again and cleaned out the refrigerator. Of course we sat and watched the cheese heads get beat! I will always cheer on any team that plays against WI. Now I really can care less who wins the Superbowl. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Have a great week!!
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment