Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Our Weekend - 35th Party

My parents came up on Friday evening to spend the weekend with us to help celebrate my 35th birthday. {Still can't believe I'm 35} Once they got to our house, we headed to the golf course here in town for something to eat. Everyone left with filled tummies. Dad had a burger, mom had a prime rib sandwich, I had chicken kiev, Jake had his normal dish of chicken strips with french fries and Kendall had the special of the night .... Lobster with prime rib! The food was amazing!

I invited my sister and her family, my two uncles and aunt, and cousin Shannon/her family over on Saturday afternoon. I made up some sloppy joes and served them with fruit/veggie tray {mom brought}, baked beans {LeAnn brought}, chips, cheese tray, beef sticks, and apple pie {Tom brought}. You would have thought we were celebrating Christmas all over again with the amount of food. We spent the day visiting, eating, enjoying cocktails and playing cards. Our good friend Heidi and her boyfriend Tom stopped by later in the evening. Brady talked Heidi into playing bowling on the Xbox Kinects. Which by the way was hilarious. It was a great day! I love having family/friends over.

Sunday Mom/Dad left for home by noon. Kendall packed up and headed to the cities for a couple of days of work around 4, leaving Jake and I home alone. We kept busy with doing what we do best ... PLAYING! During the late evening hours after we had gone to bed, I woke up not feeling too hot. I thought maybe it was the late night snack I had right before going to bed. I spent the remaining of the night on the couch trying to get comfortable. It wasn't working. I ended up getting sick from both ends.

I called Kendall in the morning around 6:45 letting him know how my night went only to find out he was up all night too with the same stuff. Who gets the FLU on their birthday?!? Yuck! I decided to keep Jake home from daycare in case he ended up with it also. I spent most of the day wrapped up in a blanket laying on the couch or recliner. I did wear a surgical mask to keep my germs down to a minimum along with Lysol in hand. Jake so far knock on wood has shown no flu symptoms besides a couple loose stools during the day.

The both of us stayed sleeping though the night last night and I woke up feeling much better. I sent Jake off to school and myself to work this morning. Kendall called and said he was feeling much better too. Even though I spent my birthday on the couch feeling not so good, I feel blessed! I had over 100 birthday wishes on Facebook alone. :)

No comments: