We headed back to Monte over the weekend to celebrate Papa's birthday & retirement. My brother Jon joined us too. My sister and her family had a family gathering on Doug's side but ended up staying home. They all got the flu bug!! Yuck!!
Waiting for us on Friday when we got to town was a large pot of spaghetti and garlic bread. Yummo! So much for just having a protein shake. Of course after our meal, the guys headed outside to the "man cave" aka the garage. I went out and checked on them after Jake went to bed. I found Jon on top of the extension ladder hanging Christmas lights with the help from Kendall and David (Jon's partner in crime since childhood). By this time, Dad was inside only wondering what was happening inside his garage. I stuck around until 11:30 or so. I wanted nothing to do with the new box of 96 feet of lights about to be strung.
The guys seemed to be moving a bit slow Saturday morning. Nothing a little breakfast from Mom couldn't cure. Kendall and Jon left soon after eating to pick up a few pumpkins. We needed to carry on the tradition before Jon headed for home. We carved them once they got back and shortly after that Jon left. Mom and I went inside to watch "Sweet Land," a movie that was filmed in Monte. I thought it was really good and fun to see the depot that we have grown up seeing being shown in a "Hollywood" movie!
Saturday night was pajama night early. I had also brought the movie "Bridesmaids." We definitely had a few laughs during the movie. A couple of times I glanced over in my dad's direction and his face was a little unsure. Not that the movie was unappropriated for us adults but a few times I felt like a little teenager again watching a "R" movie with my dad. I recommend seeing the movie. A lot of dry humor.
Sunday we packed up and headed for home around 11. I needed to prepare for the week. Jake doesn't have school this week due to preschool screening and MEA break, but I have my annual administration outing for work on Thursday and Friday. Should be a good time once again :)
Oh our family welcomed baby Jaden into our family over the weekend. Congrats Jamie and Jon!! Jaden weighed 10 lbs 2 oz and 23 inches long!! Big baby and adorable too. Mom and baby are doing wonderful.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment