Monday, October 31, 2011

Our Weekend - Finally At Home

Adrien came over on Wednesday evening to continue our annual pumpkin carving tradition. For Jake's pumpkin, I found a basic pirate face which will fit right in with our pirate theme for Halloween. I carved a basic pumpkin face on my pumpkin and Kendall cut out a more detailed pirate and Adrien carved a pumpkin face with bat ears. They all turned out cute and I can't wait to have them all lite tonight!

Wow, I can't believe it ... a weekend finally at home and with nothing to do! We spent our time doing whatever our little hearts wanted to do.

Me -- Stayed in my PJ's all day on Saturday. Read a few pages in a book Ashley gave me, I worked on a couple more pages in Jake's scrapbook and of course, I did some cleaning around the inside of the house. It felt great to catch up on laundry and Jake's scrapbook. Baked some sugar cookies for Jake's daycare for Halloween.

Kendall -- He worked so hard on getting the outside ready for winter. I brought home the shrink wrap from work to help hold the tarps in place on the patio chairs/tables and the wood piles. He went shopping at Target and brought home a load of Halloween decorations. Everything from a spider web to skull lights. The outside looks amazing. Can't wait for the trick or treater's tonight!

Jake -- Between watching movies, cartoons, making a mess after I picked up, trying to help daddy outside, I'd say his days were spent being busy.

On Sunday, I met up with my good/high school friend Misty in Maple Grove for dinner and a movie. It was great catching up again. So sad how life has to be so darn busy. We decided to see the new "Footloose" movie. I wasn't sure how I would feel about watching a remake of such a great movie, but it wasn't too bad. I actually liked it. Plus a little girl time is nothing to complain about. Glad we could catch up again.

Hope you all have a wonderful Halloween!! Stay safe and if you're out driving ... PAY ATTENTION to the little kiddies out trick or treating.

No comments: