We spent our weekend camping only 9.4 miles from home this weekend. It was great being that close to home. Kendall drove to the site on Friday afternoon to set the camper up. So when I got off work all I had to do was go pick Jacob up at daycare and swing by home to pick up our bags of clothes.
My sister and her family joined us too. It was my nephew Michael's 12th birthday on Friday. They got there on Friday night and after they set up, we built a campfire and roasted s'mores. Oh and we surprised Michael with having Mason join us. Michael's face was priceless when he finally realized Mason was standing right in front of him. Those two have been like two peas in a pod since they first met 11 years ago. It was fun having Mason join us. We don't see him as often as we would like.
On Saturday morning, Kendall left by noon for the cities. He had scheduled a Twins game and night out with a couple high school buddies a few months back. It sucked seeing him go, but we still had a good time while he was away. The rv park we stayed at had a swimming pool, large playground set, 9 hole mini golf, half basketball court, plenty of free space to run and the old boys had the opportunity to rent bikes. These bikes are not your basic style bike, but rather a 3 wheel bike that steered by leaning your body from side to side. They looked fun!
As I posted earlier about Jake having issues with getting water in his face, while I kinda took care of that this weekend. After supper on Saturday, I took him swimming and I talked him into going "under" the water. Part of me really doesn't think he knew what he was agreeing too. When we came up from going under, his eyes were as big as silver dollars. He cried a bit and I reassured him how big he was and how he was going to be okay. I changed it up a bit by having him jump in the water while holding my fingers. After about 20 times of that, I had him go under again. This time he was okay with it and didn't cry. I wiped away the water from his eyes and he was asking to jump again. I made a mental note to pick up a pair of water goggles. Thought this would help with his eyes. Then the next step is to teach him to plug his nose. :)
On Sunday, Kendall got back by 8:30. We had breakfast and started putting away our camping gear. Kendall and Mason met Trevor in town so Mason could head back to the cities. Ashley/Trevor were taking all the big kids to the state fair for the day. Baby Keean would have to stay back at Children's in the good hands of his Docors and Nurses. Speaking of Keean, he's doing better. Gaining weight and feeling better. Their hoping he gets transferred to St. Cloud Hospital within a week or so. It will be nice for them to be closer to home now that school/work will be starting. And better for us too. I haven't seen him since July. I need by baby fix.
Back to our weekend ... Both Kim and I agreed that we will be making this camping trip again. The park was great and being so close to home is a perk! Everyone had a good time.
The rest of Sunday was spent doing laundry and getting ready for our big Labor Day party this weekend. Please pray the rain stays away. But eitherway, fun will be had by all!
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment