Kendall and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on Friday. Hard to believe five years have passed since we said, "I do." My sister was nice and offered to take Jake so we could enjoy some time alone. We didn't go far but it was nice to get out.
We decided to head to Maple Grove and eat at Benihana's. The last time we ate at a teppanyaki style table and a hibachi-grill, we lived in Arizona, back in 2002. Benihana's was a great experience and the food was awesome. I tried the shrimp and Kendall had the lobster. The fried rice was to die for! Yummy! After we got done eating, the waiter asked if we wanted dessert. We both declined because our stomachs were so full. Then he says, "just for saying no, we will sing you an anniversary song in Japanese!" Thank goodness it was short and sweet. :) We walked the parking lot for a good 20 mins to let the food settle before heading back to pick Jacob up at my sisters.
On our drive over to the restaurant, we talked about our wedding day. I asked Kendall what moment stood out more than the rest. He said, the moment he saw me walk down the isle with my dad and I had to agree with him 100%. I of course, cried like a baby the moment Dad and I stepped foot into the church. Not because I was sad, but finally the moment we've been waiting for was finally going to happen. The whole day was perfect! We had the most important people in our lives standing next to us along with our family and friends watching us while we vowed to love one another forever. And who could forget leaving the church in the golf cart as husband and wife that too was priceless! Here's to many more years. I Love You, Kendall!
We exchanged cards and gifts before heading out on Friday. Kendall bought me 5 charms for my bracelet and a glass rose that is edged in gold. SPOILED! I tried sticking to the "wood" themed anniversary gift and went with a bird house. Every time we head back to Spicer or Monte, we drive through Paynesville and there is a place right on the highway where these big white bird houses are made and sold. Each time Kendall says, "it would be neat to get one of those!" So I said what better gift to give than a bird house! We will pick it up on our next trip through town.
The rest of the weekend we spent together at home as a family. I decided to paint our bedroom and bathroom. I bought our new comforter and shower curtain three months ago! My body is feeling it today! But the outcome looks wonderful. Kendall kept Jake busy outside and out of my hair. Last night, Adrien and Brock stopped through on their way home from a wedding up north. We had King Crab for supper! The food was so good that the table was at complete silence. No one said a word.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment