Wow another month has come and gone. Where did you go, August?
Our month started off with Jacobs 6th birthday party at our house. I'm happy to say everyone had a great time. We are so fortunate to have the family and friends in our lives who helped make Jacob's party so wonderful. The day consisted of swimming, water slide, golfing, silly string,
golf cart rides and enjoying our time together!
After celebrating Jake's birthday, we drove up to Duluth and spent the next couple of days with Ashley and her family. We stayed at the water park hotel, went on a train ride {Thomas the Train}, walked through the Duluth Aquarium and did a little sight seeing. Duluth is so beautiful. We are so lucky to have it be apart of Minnesota. Can't wait for our next visit. Thinking we it will be adult only!
The second weekend, we participated in a benefit for my brother, Jon. The only word that comes to mind is AMAZING! The number of people who came to show their love and support was so humbling. And the amount of items donated to put on both the live and silent auction was unbelievable. The whole day was very emotional but the love felt helped ease those emotions. Jon is loved by so many!!
Kendall and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on the 19th. We had the neighbor watch Jake for a few hours so we could enjoy a nice meal out. We ended up going to Michael's in St Cloud. It's a German style restaurant and happens to be where our good friend, Heidi works. Both our meals were so yummy minus the "Head Cheese" that Kendall insisted that we try. Needless to say after seeing it, I did not try it. Kendall ended up taking a bite or two but said it wasn't what he remembered his mom's tasting like.
I ended up getting a tattoo this month. Because our (mom, sister Kim and SIL Kim) initial plans were to shave our heads when Jon started Chemo and now that is no longer an option, I choose to have a tattoo. I asked Jon to write down his name - Jon Michael along with a "I love you" if he wanted too. Along with Jon's writing, I had the tattoo guy draw up a dandelion with one seedling blowing in the wind. The seedling representing Jon. Miracles do happen! I'm in love with my tattoo and I couldn't think of a better way to keep Jon close to me. He has always been my biggest protector and having the tattoo, he will continue long after he's gone. As for it hurting, any pain I did feel was all worth it. It wasn't bad enough for me to go back and get another one done!
The third weekend, we were apart of baby Owen's dedication at their church. The service was wonderful. Owen is adorable and so loved.
We did cancel our Labor Day party this year with everything going on. Just didn't feel right. It was a nice long and quite weekend at home. Hard to believe summer is over. We had a good one considering the horrible nightmare we have been in with my brother. Jon has been nothing short of a miracle. We thank God for being given each and every minute with him.
Hope you all had a great summer and your Fall has treated you well so far.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

1 comment:
Love that we were such a big part of your August! And I love your pictures and your update! Such a crazy, busy, emotional month! Celebrating Jake, your anniversary,getting your tattoo, the benefit and spending time with Jon! So glad there are so many wonderful people out there!!! It's nice to have a reminder once and awhile that there is still a lot of good! We love you guys!
Post a Comment