Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Our Month Away from Blogging

Our month of July has been none the less ... BUSY!

 We started the month out on our week long vacation spent at Games Lake and Sibley State Park near Spicer/New London. We had a full week of beautiful Minnesota weather! Our time was spent swimming, boating/pontooning and most of all relaxing. Jake learned what it was like to meet "campground" friends and Mom learned to let go a bit. Ashley and the kids came out a few times, and my longtime childhood friend Gina and her family came out and spent the 4th with us. I even went tubing for the first time in 10+ years. Fun was had by all and I'm so grateful for a "new & renewed" friendship!

 The remaining weekends were filled with camping at The Oaks in Monticello {with our good friends Heidi and Tom} and the 3 of us at WestRich in Spicer. Both of those weekends were lots of fun minus the cooler temps. Jake had his first invite to a friends birthday party while we were camping at the Oaks. It was fun having him pick out a gift for the birthday girl. {which of course was a movie!} 

The week of the 15th, Jake's daycare was closed and Kendall was gone out of state for work. With me having to work, Jake went and spent a few days and couple nights with his auntie Kim and her family. I figured out I hadn't had the house to myself in over 6 years. It was a bit weird, but to be honest, I loved it! I watched whatever I wanted on TV. I even got to watch a movie.

 Jake has now learned/mastered how to go underwater in the swimming pool. It took some convincing and him trying little by little, but he did it and was very excited. The first night of him learning, it wasn't easy getting him out of the pool. He kept saying, "Just one more time, Mom!". I'm so proud of him. Now we can try swim lessons again.

 UPDATE on my brother, Jon - He moved out of St Cloud and into a rehab facility back in Glenwood yesterday. Both him and his wife Kim are glad to be closer to home. Jon continues to get better as each day passes. Its been trying to get the pain under control, but I think its at a level now where Jon can tolerate it. Sounds like he will be there for up to 6 weeks. After his time there then he will hopefully be strong enough to tackle his next hurdle .. Chemotherapy. Just a reminder ... August 17th a benefit is being held for Jon in Montevideo.
Daddy & Jake out pontooning
Mommy "relaxing"
Jake out at the Oaks
Jake swimming at the Oaks
Daddy and Jake at Westrich
Mommy and Jake at Westrich
Nap Time
At the Park with auntie Kim
Swimming with Daddy
Mastering the underwater with Mommy!

No comments: