We celebrated Easter in Montevideo this past weekend. It was great getting back there before my work gets crazy now that the snow is finally melting. Kendall, Jacob and myself drove back after work on Friday. Mom had a ham, baked potatoes and corn all ready for when we drove in.
After dishes were washed and put away, Mom and I started on peeling a little over 10 pounds of potatoes for mashing the next day and I boiled 2 dozen eggs for deviled eggs and decorating eggs with the boys.
Saturday morning while Mom was busy getting herself ready, I started browning 20 boneless pork chops, mixing together beans/soup for greenbean bake and boiling peas for creamed peas. She finished off with making the gravy and her fruit salad with oreo cookies. My siblings and their families came into town soon after everything was put together. I know I've said it before, but there really isn't anything better than your Mom's cooking. Even with her Dystonia, she hasn't lost her touch with cooking and we are all so grateful for that.
My sister and I got out after the boys colored Easter eggs. We walked 3 miles. It was fun walking around Monte again. Pointing out houses where people live or used to live, walking by the high school again and catching up with my sissy. We both said how fun it would be to move back. I'd love to be close to Mom and Dad again.
Yesterday we headed back for home right around noon. Before we left on Friday, between Kendall and I, we played Easter bunny and hid eggs around the inside of the house along with Jake's basket. When we walked inside yesterday it was priceless seeing Jake's face after he realized "someone" had been there.
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment