Well, I've made it through my first full weekend on the diet and to be honest, it really isn't all that bad. Yes, I have moments where I crave ... Chicken in a Bisket or a salty potato chip, but I've really stuck to the regiment and have lost 4 pounds in 5 days. Not too bad.
I've come to realize, the diet basically is eating healthy - lots of veggies, fruits, lettuce salad, chicken breasts and I've actually made a couple recipes from the LID cookbook over the weekend that I love. One is the blueberry muffins and the other, egg salad made with only the whites of a hard boiled egg and a avocado. Simple and really tasty. Who would think omitting dairy and iodized salt could be so good.
This weekend, I plan on making up a small batch of salsa from the cookbook that I can enjoy while scrapbooking. Along with sauteing asparagus, onion, celery, green peppers along with the white portion of a baked potato then adding it to a couple egg whites for a yummy scrabbled egg breakfast. Jake even enjoyed my make shift breakfast over the weekend.
Only 12 more days to go!
 |
| Only store purchased bread I can have. Very dense and only taste good when it's toasted. I plan on making a loaf from the cookbook. Hope that taste and feels much better. |
 |
| Sauteing my veggies for breakfast! |
 |
| Breakfast is served! |
 |
| Blueberry Muffins |
 |
| Basically my diet |
No comments:
Post a Comment