Monday, March 4, 2013

Our Weekend - Disney Ice

On Saturday morning, we headed to the Target Center in Mpls to watch Disney on Ice - Worlds of Fantasy. The show started at 11am and went until 1pm. Our seats were 10 rows up from the ice and slightly to the left of the center of the ice. Basically the same area as last years seats. Definitely worth the money spent.

The World of Fantasy production involved - The Cars, The Little Mermaid, Tinker Bell and Toy Story. The Cars portion was fun and entertaining, but short. Not much room out there on the ice with half size cars skating across it. Then the Little Mermaid was next. I looked around and all the little girls in the crowd were on the edge of their seats. Tinker Bell and the rest of the Fairies came out next. I personally loved this production the best. After intermission, Toy Story started with all the toys making their way to Sunnyside Daycare before Andy left for college. The Army men put on a great show along with Barbie and Ken. Kendall already looked for a Ken plastic wig.

Overall, it was a great show and I'm glad we could make it this year. I'm thinking this will be our last Disney on Ice with Jake getting older. We'd like to do something fun at least once year that involves music. I've already looked on-line at a few of the MN casinos for smaller venue music concerts. Jake asked if we could go to Tennessee to see Alan Jackson!

5 minutes before show time. Enjoying a stadium hotdog.

The finally at Disney on Ice

Oh the things we do for our children. Jake was in heaven when I put on Captain America mask even though I was a girl. I renamed myself as "Captain America Girl" which was cool with him. We fought against all the bad villains.


No comments: