We had a great Labor Day weekend.
Both Kendall and I took Friday off to get our house and garage in order for our annual party at our house. We were expecting around 40 to 50 people (like years prior). The garage in itself was a challenge. I left that task to Kendall while I went grocery shopping and tended to the inside of the house. My parents came up around noon on Friday to help set up the garage and Mom had her chicken salad to make. After we were close on finishing, Dad and I drove over to pick Jake up at Sue’s. Of course, Jake was all excited when he saw Grandpa peeking around the corner. That night for supper, we met Kim/Doug and the boys in Monticello at Chatters. Yummy! Mom/Dad headed over to Kim’s to stay the night there. We headed for home and had Brock/Adrien staying with us for the whole weekend.
We started right away Saturday morning with the finishing touches …. Washed and wrapped 50 potatoes for baking, decorate the garage and outside with Red/White/Blue decorations, set up tables/chairs outside, outside games and set up the most important apparatus … the music station.
Our family and friends started coming around 2pm. Lots of laughs and chatting going on during the first few hours when people start coming. Before suppertime, I came up with the idea of playing some “Minute to Win it” games for whoever would like to participate. Boy, what a fun time! We are so going to make that part of our games for next year. We had anything from stacking 5 donuts on your forehead and holding for 3 seconds to strapping a pair of nylons with a baseball hanging inside and knocking down bottle of waters. No video this year, but lots of pictures to show how much fun it really was.
After supper, we continued to hang around outside and inside the garage enjoying each other’s company. Kendall was in charge of music (which he did a very good job at). Clean up was easy and simple with the help from my aunt Carol so I was able to get outside and mingle. Jake went with my sister that later that night giving us a break for the night. He wasn’t too happy about it at first, but soon had a fun time by camping out on Kim’s living room floor inside a “Superman” sleeping bag.
The night wasn’t too late and another year without having the PD stopping by. I think everyone had a great time and is looking forward to next year again.
Hope you all had a fun and safe holiday weekend. Hard to believe another summer has come and gone.

No comments:
Post a Comment