Monday, September 17, 2012

Our Weekend - Home

We had good intentions to get carpets cleaned over the weekend, but to no avail. I guess laying around was on the top of the priority list. We did however pick paint color for the kitchen. Getting tired of looking at the same colored walls. Looking forward to a new fresh look. Hopefully I can get to it next weekend.

Yesterday was a big day for us. We made it to church and Jake enjoyed his first day of Sunday school. We have been horrible at staying consistent with going to church. We thought it would be a good thing to start going again when Jake asked, "Mom, when can we go to Jesus' house again?". Once Sunday school started, Kendall walked with Jake to his class room. He ended up staying the whole time since Jake wasn't too sure about it all. I'm sure the next few weeks will be like that until he starts feeling comfortable. He was all excited when I saw him after church and couldn't wait to tell me all about Peter, the guy with the long gray beard.

I had promised Jake if he sat still during church, we would take him out to the park. He did awesome so out to the park we went. The city park is so much fun. We walked the trails that are used for "disc" golf. Jake thought it was a big adventure. I thought so too until I heard some leaves rattle and I saw the end of a snake sliding through the brush. Yuck! Good thing we were on our way out of the "forest" when that little bugger decided to gross me out.

We have a busy week this week. Jake starts school again, he has his 5 year well check, I'm gone for my annual admin work outing in the cities, we have a wedding on Friday, Mason's birthday party on Saturday and church on Sunday.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

No comments: