Monday, August 13, 2012

Our Weekend - Family Vacation & Jake's 5th BD

Vacation .....

We spent a whole week at Sullivan's Resort outside of the Brainerd/Baxter area. The resort is located on Long Lake. Our vacation started on Saturday, August 4th and went through the following Saturday the 11th. Along with the three of us, we also camped with Ashley/Trevor and their kids and Ashley's good friends, Chasity/Donnie and their family. Adrien/Brock came up for a day/night also.

Our week consisted of no set plans, lots of sun shine, relaxing and enjoying our company. The lake was beautiful and clear. Most days were spent on the beach and nights, the kids were all for the indoor pool. Ashley and I made a trip to Nissewa for some shopping one afternoon while the guys went golfing. Lots of cute little mom and pop shops. Could have spent lots of time and money there. I did however find a couple cute purses, sweatshirts for both Kendall and I, a couple packages of dry soup and a container of steak seasoning.

Two of Trevor's kids and himself were lucky enough to get plane rides on a water plane owned by a cousin who lives in Brainerd. They said it was awesome! Too adventurous for this girl. If the plane would have been made for more than 2 people, I would have let Kendall take Jake up. Jake was in aww watching the plane land and take off right in front off him on the lake. Because he so wanted to go up, we told him a little white lie that he needed to be 10 years old. Sorry buddy!

Jacob celebrated his 5th birthday this past Monday. To help celebrate, we invited the whole crew over for a spaghetti meal and cake for dessert. I also decorated the outside of the camper with Ironman decor per Jake's request. He was a lucky boy. He received his very own camra and a few new movies thanks to Mom and Dad. From Ashley and her family, he got a transformer action figure and a Ironman arm strap. He was in 7th heaven with his new toys all week.

One of the many "rules" the resort had was no pets (even though we saw a "seasonal" camper with their dog on one of our walks around the campground). We ended up boarding Kinzie for the first time at Canine Cabin outside of Clear Lake. I made Kendall call on Tuesday and check on her. She was doing great and having a great time playing with all the other smaller dogs. I mentioned how nice it was having her boarded during the whole week. One less thing to worry about and knowing she had a great time, next time won't be so hard to ship her off.

It was nice getting home on a Saturday instead of a Sunday. Having a full day at home before starting the work week was awesome. I will try and post pictures later tonight. I think I took over 200 pictures. Hate to forget those special moments. Overall, our week was perfect. Not sure if we will go camping again at the same resort, but I think all of us had fun and look forward to our next outing.

No comments: