Our daycare was closed this past Thursday and Friday so Kendall took the day off from work on Thursday to be with Jake and I took Friday off since Kendall was out of town for work. I keep saying how I need to take a day off once a month to spend 1 on 1 time with Jacob. So much fun and so worth it!
I set up Jake to have his 5 year pictures taken on Friday morning out at the Becker Public park. Super excited to see how they turned out. Kelli did a great job. After pictures were taken, we went out on a "day" date. Our first stop, the movie "Ice Age". What a great movie. So excited to see it again when it comes out on DVD. After our movie, I gave Jake the option of eating Chinese, spaghetti or a hamburger with fries. Surprise .. he choose spaghetti at the Monticello Corner Cafe. They serve a perfect serving with a little meatball on top along with garlic toast. He ate the whole works.
Saturday we spent the morning picking up and cleaning around our neglected house. Both the inside and garage were in dire need of a scrub down. So glad the house smells good again. We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday so we asked Adrien to watch Jake on Saturday night for a few hours. Kendall and I decided on supper at P.F. Chang's in Maple Grove. Both of us went all out and each ordered a soup, a appetizer, our main meal and then shared a dessert. After we walked out of the restaurant, I suggested a couple laps around the parking lot to help with our over full stomachs. Yummy! Our plan after we got home was to start a bonfire, but Mother Nature had different plans ... rain showers. So instead we got Jake to bed, got in comfy clothes, shut all the lights off and put in the "Hunger Games" movie. Kendall was a good sport by staying up to watch the whole thing with me. I think unless you've read the books, the movies could be a little confusing. I thought it was a great movie and I was impressed with myself for staying up past 10 pm.
Yesterday was a perfect MN day. Temps in the low 70's and lots of sunshine. The three of us took full advantage of it too. Jake talked Kendall into taking down the water slide and setting that up. I had put on my swim top and a pair of shorts while working on a few yard projects so when Jake looked at me and asked if I would go down the slide, how could I say no even though the slide is meant for kids. I just know those few pictures that Kendall took of me will come back to haunt me one day. Oh well, I did it to put a smile on my son's face.
Hope you all had a great weekend.
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment