Monday, April 2, 2012

Our Weekend - Work & Play

I worked a half day on Saturday. With the unusual weather we've been having, the farmers are itching to get out and start planting. I'm grateful for the over time but I sure am going to miss my full two day weekends for the next few months.

After I got home from work, I freshened up and headed for Maple Grove. My high school girlfriends came to town on Friday night for a night away and to get some shopping done. We decided to meet at Old Navy Saturday afternoon. I got there a bit early due to traffic so I was able to get my shopping done at Old Navy and found a few things at Archivers a few shops down. Once we all were together, we decided on Champps for supper. We must be getting old because once we were seated, the music/tv was a bit loud for us so we asked to be moved to an area where it was quieter. The food of course was delish and it was fun catching up with everyone. I headed for home and the rest had a few stops left before heading back to Monte. It's days like this, I wish we lived closer to one another.

While I was out working and playing .... Kendall and Jake stayed busy playing and watching movies. I guess when I left Saturday morning for work, Jake woke up and was upset I was gone. I happened to call to check up on them and Jake got on the phone and said, "mom, I was looking for you in your room!" Sorry buddy but you were sleeping so soundly to wake you.

Yesterday the weather was better than on Saturday but still nothing like the weatherman predicted. We spent most of our day outside enjoying what was given to us. Before heading outside, we decorated Easter eggs. I bought the "tie dye" kind but what a bunch of crap. Ended up coloring the old fashion way and they turned out wonderful. Jake had a blast and it went again without any major spills or messes.

Cute story ... While I was helping Jake pick up his room Sunday morning. We were working on putting his books away. Jake was busy stacking them and came to one and asked, "Mom, what is this book?" I replied, "I can read with my eyes shut by Dr. Seuss." He looks at me with a straight face and says, "Like Dr. Phil?" Without laughing I reply back, "Yep buddy just like Dr. Phil!" Believe me this was written down in my journal book of the things Jake does and says!

Hope you all got out and enjoyed some of the sunshine. I made a hotdish last night that was wonderful! Chicken Cordon Bleu! Will post a separate post for that. :)

No comments: