Monday, April 30, 2012

Our Weekend - Trip to Spicer


This weekend was my Saturday off so we headed to Spicer to spend some time with Ashley/Trevor and Keean. We got into town right after lunch just in time to watch Mason's last couple basketball games of the season. For supper, we grilled burgers and brats along with taco salad and fruit salad. DeLisa and her family joined us too. I love impromptu dates. The kiddos had fun running around while us adults enjoyed catching up. Can't wait for us to get together again when the weather is a bit nicer.

Yesterday after we returned home, we unpacked and caught up with chores both inside and out. I even got a little scraping in between laundry loads. Kendall and Jake worked on their golf swings too. Jake did awesome! I guess he was aggravated at first when he kept missing the ball but once he started making contact, he was all about golfing. Daddy was so proud!

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister, Kim! It's her "29" birthday today! (haha, that would make me 22 all over again so who am I kidding?) Have a great day, Kim.

THYROID UPDATE:
Today is my first day of not taking my thyroid medication. I will be off it until after my treatment and scan next month. As stated prior, the medication needs to be out of my system totally so my scan doesn't show any "false" positives. Any remaining thyroid cells or cancer cells in my body will be "hungry" for the iodine even more with me being off the medication. Only big side affect with being off the meds is tiredness. Lets hope the next 3 weeks go smoothly and I'm able to keep up with the craziness at work. I may need to rest my head throughout the day on my desk. One of my division managers suggested that I get a couch in my office. :)

No comments: