Monday, June 6, 2011

Our Weekend - Enjoying Life

I worked on Saturday for half the day. While I was doing that, Kendall and Jake kept busy playing outside. The weather was beautiful! When I got home the first thing I did was change into shorts and grabbed my new book "The Best Worst Thing," and headed outside to catch some rays. If you get a chance pick the book up on Amazon, it's a definite read. The book is written by Kristen Brown, who was married to a classmate of mine, Todd Brown.  A few years back, Todd died from a massive heart attack at the age of 30. In the book, Kristen writes about her journey with Todd. So far half way through the book,  I've laughed, I've cried, and most of all, I've learned that life is too short to hold grudges and not to live your life to the fullest. Tell your loved ones you love them and mean it. And learn to forgive ones that have caused you heartache and sadness.

Sunday was my day of catching up in the house. Kendall kept Jake busy outside so I could make our house smell clean again. It's hard doing household chores when the weather is nice and all you want to do is be outside enjoying it. My sister and the boys stopped by on their way home from a weekend in Montevideo. It was Brady's 8th birthday this past Thursday and I had a gift for him to open. The boys are growing up so fast. Happy Birthday Brady! We love you! After they left, we headed inside to prepare for the work week that laid ahead. I know all the fresh air had caught up with all of us. Early to bed was much needed. :)

Cute story ....
I was pushing Jake in his swing and for every push, I would count. I ended up counting to 30 and Jake says, "good counting Mommy!"

No comments: