Monday, April 4, 2011

Our Weekend - @ Home

On Friday morning, Jake and I headed to St. Cloud for his consult on his tongue. We were there for 20 minutes max from start to finish. We set up Jake's surgery and were told the procedure would take no more than 10 minutes. He will be put under with some gas and to "cut" the skin, the doctor will do it by laser. No stitches but will be sore afterwards. He described the feeling like a small pizza burn. Not sure yet if I will take the whole day off work yet. I guess it all depends on Jake's reaction to surgery.

Saturday was beautiful outside! We unpacked Jake's Gator and Flintstone car from over at storage. He kept busy cruising around while Kendall and I took Christmas lights down from the peeks of the house and on the railings on the deck then started picking up the piles of "treasures" Kinzie has left over the winter months. It was great being out in the fresh air again. I even enjoyed a glass of wine sitting out on the warm driveway :)

Yesterday we hung out inside for most of the day. The weather wasn't as nice as Saturday so we pulled out the playdoh. Jacob's request was for me to make a few snowmen! They needed to have eyes, a nose, mouth and a hat to keep warm. We did go outside for a bit in the afternoon but the wind was cool. Sure can't wait for MN summer!

The week looks pretty quite. My work hasn't picked up yet due to Mother Nature keeping winter around longer than expected. I'm sure within the next few weeks I will be eating my words.

No comments: