Due to Mother Nature giving us high winds causing icy road conditions on Saturday morning, we were unable to make the drive to Atwater for Giselle & Graydn's birthday party. So we filled our time with catching up around the house or at least I did. Man, some days I wish we were rich so I could get a cleaning lady. Wishful thinking, I know!
I do have help in the grocery shopping department from the hubby though. He went Saturday afternoon and to kill two birds with one stone, he brought along Kinzie for her pampering at Pet Smart. She was in major need of a deep clean and nail trimming. Its cute, the vet tech fills out a "progress" type card on what they did, how the animal reacted and behaved. She made sure to tell Kendall that she had worked with Kinzie in the past and Kinzie is one of her favorite regulars! :)
Yesterday, Kendall's niece Allison made a trip to our house on her way back home to Missouri. She came up for the weekend to spend time with some of our family back in Atwater. It's always fun and interesting when Ali is around. This time she came bearing gifts. A bag filled with different style and shapes of mustaches! It sure made for some good laughs. She definitely is like her momma, Kathie. And for Jacob, she brought him her favorite childhood book, "Wacky Wednesday" by Dr. Seuss. I can't wait to start reading that to him. He loves "Cat in the Hat," "The Foot Book," and "There's a Wocket in my Pocket" to name a few.
While my sister was out and about yesterday, her and the boys stopped by for a bit. I had forgotten a couple things over at their house last weekend and she offered to swing by with it. Adrien too came over to spend the day with us. We played a game of checkers but decided to stop once we got all our pieces "king'd" and all we could do was keep moving pieces back and forth without any big moves. Adrien's response, "lets drink wine instead, we're too smart for this game!" So I listened and with my arm being twisted, I opened up a bottle of Moscato. :)
I made a couple pans of chicken enchilidas for supper last night. Yummy! It went quite well with the Moscato! Jake of course ate only the spanish rice. He was building up energy for when Brock (Adrien's boyfriend) came to town after work. Those two kept busy playing and running around. Jake's new game is hiding. He loves to hide under and in things. The funny part is, he's always an easy find because he's moving around and can't stop giggling or laughing. Funny boy!
This week will be spent preparing for my annual scrapbook weekend! Have a great week
Last Jobs... For Now
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment